Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Fire your boss?




In the +Boundless.org podcast I linked to below, Jimmy Collins (former president of Chick-Fil-A) says that  people quit their boss's not their jobs. In my line of work, it isn't easy to quit whenever you want to but the idea still struck a chord in me.
 

For the people who I am in charge of, am I the kind of boss that they want to work for or am I the kind of boss who they want to fire? I started thinking about the people I have worked for in the past who I truly respected and appreciated as bosses. I can't control who I work for but I can control how I treat the people who work for and with me. I hope I can be more like the boss I want to work for.  


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord is a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Collisions 3:23-24 

Image courtesy of Simon imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment