Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I'm too busy for that.






Most mornings on my way to work I ask God to make me sensitive to the needs of others and use me to further his kingdom during the day.  Then I start my work day and far too often become so immersed in my job that I forget about God until after I leave.
 

Nevertheless, there are many days when I do realize God is answering that prayer.  Weekly, and sometimes daily, I get to shear a little bit about my faith with the people I work with.  It is the highlight of my day when it happens.  

I’m not advocating we share our faith in Christ at the expense of job performance.  As people called to do all things as unto the Lord, we should be the best workers in the job force.  And while my job allows for these kinds of opportunities, your job may not.  He will likely not use you the same way he uses me, but if you are open to his leading and ask for his guidance, he will reveal creative ways for you to share the love and hope of Christ with those in your life.

The Bible says that "We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us" II Corinthians 5:20. If your co-workers, friends, or families were given a multiple choice test, would any of them pick the answer that corresponds to "Ambassador of the Kingdom of Heaven?" Or would they pick you as an ambassador for a sports team, activity, or hobby?

  I challenge you to daily ask the Lord to give you opportunities to share his love; but be ready for it...he just might answer your prayer.

Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment