Tuesday, March 17, 2015

We need to get lit up



don't know about you, but I am inclined to keep my faith beliefs to myself. The idea of sharing my faith with my co-workers makes me feel a little uncomfortable. After all, I don't want to force my beliefs on anyone else, right? However, when I read the Bible, I am convinced that I am not supposed to hide my faith but instead be ready to explain my faith (I Peter 3:15).  

We are not to hide from the world but to be salt and light. How can a lamp bring light if it is hidden and how can salt bring the flavor of Christ if it is never applied to anything. God is calling us to get out of our comfort zones and “do” something.  

By All Means, start with prayer! But observe that the prayers of Jesus often led to action and as disciples of him, we must follow his example.  

What should you do? I'm thinking about having dinner parties, movie nights, games nights, coffee times, hunting trips, work out sessions, or whatever…I’m sure you have your own list of things you like to do with your friends. Why don’t you do them with non-believers? Why not start building a new friendship? Why not set aside one night a week for this purpose. Look around you and see where the Lord is already working in the life of someone around you. Perhaps the Holy Spirit is putting a specific person on your mind right now. 
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:13-16

Image courtesy of Simon antpkr at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment