Monday, January 18, 2016

HOW YOUR STORY CAN MOTIVATE AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS

Last week one of my Christian co-workerstold me about how God had been working in his life at work. He had a discussion about what Christmas means to him with one of the people in his class (a muslim international exchange student). The man went on to ask him to share one story from the Bible. My friend shared a short story from the New Testiment. After that, the muslim man asked my friend to share one Bible story with him every day. Since then, my friend has faithfully shared a story with him daily. The muslim man went on to get a Bible in Arabic so he could read for himself. He has not become a Christian yet but it is clear that God is working in his life. I was excited and encouraged to hear his story and thanked him for sharing it.


That got me thinking...hearing what God is doing is encouraging and motivating. I wish more people would share these kinds of stories with me. I have heard it said that "to tell my story is to tell of Him."

If we want to be motivated in our faith and encouraged in our walk we should be asking for and sharing testimonies with the believers in our lives.

When is the last time you have asked someone one of the following questions:
-What is God doing in your life?
-How are you encouraged or challenged in your walk with the Lord?
-Have you been challenged by anything in the Bible lately?
-What have you read in the Bible lately?
-How can I pray for you?

This week, ask one or two people in your life a question like one of these and be ready to share something with them as well. I hope you will be encouraged and motivated by the discussion.

But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today," so that none of you may be hardened by sin's decietfulness. Hebrews 3:13

If you like this blog post, you can subscribe by entering your email address into the block labeled "follow by email" on the top right hand side of this page.    


Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net  

No comments:

Post a Comment