Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Come to my Church Evangelism


At work and other places I often invite people to come to my church or bible study or other Christian thing.  After I have invited someone once, I tend to keep asking (nagging) every time I see that
person.  

Today it occurred to me that our role is not to convince someone into being a Christian (that is Holy Spirit's job) but to be ready to give a reason (I Peter 3:15) for the hope that is in us and prayerfully love them right where they are.

Often, Christians fall into two groups: (1) those who are obnoxious in their faith and (2) those who are secret Christians.  I'm not sure either approach is the right one.  

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if God drew us to him in the same ways we often try to push (or don't make any effort whatsoever) others to him.  I'm not sure what your experience is, but mine is that God is at once, tugging at my heart, while at the same time, not forceful or pushy.  

Should we not look for ways to pattern our approach after his while being ever prayerful (and listening for Holy Spirit's leading) for those around us?      

Are you ready to give a reason for why you believe Jesus is God's son?

Image courtesy of Simon Howden at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment