Monday, May 30, 2016

PART 2 - HOW TO BIBLICALLY COPE WITH FUTURE ANXIETIES

In last week's blog, I wrote about how my work situation has given me a lot of anxiety lately and some ideas on how we can practice trusting God during stressful situations. But then the rest of the week happened-more stress, uncertainty, and anxiety. I spent time praying and meditating on verses that talk about trusting God but was still feeling very anxious about my life's circumstances. I went to bed that night feeling uncertain and unsure of God. 

There are times in life when Christians do all the right things but still feel very wrong. There are times when we cry out to God and read his word but life still doesn't go the way we think it should. We get upset that God doesn't act the way we think he is supposed to act. We know we should trust in him no matter what happens, but still find it difficult to get past the way we feel. 

In my case, I woke up the next morning and still felt stressed. However, I also had a scripture rolling through my brain that morning, one that I had not read or thought about in some time. I believe the Holy Spirit reminded me of that verse from Isaiah 41:10. It says, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God." The more I thought about that verse the more my attitude and stress level changed. I realized that part of my stress came from not believing that God is really with me and watching over me. 

If you are struggling with some kind of future anxiety or fear, the answer may not come right away. Life may not change for you at all. It may even get worse. But the darkness can not last forever. Morning will come eventually. Even if you do all the right things but still feel as if nothing is changing or going right, Just Keep on Going. When you have done everything you can to stand, keep on standing - Ephesians 6:13-14.  

Written By: Jonathan N, May 30, 2016

To ensure you don't miss future posts, subscribe by entering your email address into the block labeled "follow by email" on the top right hand side of this page.    

Image courtesy of imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment